Race entries are accepted on a first come first serve basis and will be closed once all the spots are filled. Non-Japanese racers living outside of Japan (or temporarily living in Japan) can sign up for the race through the Avid Adventures website.
Just to let you know....the Japanese entries usually sell out within minutes. This year we've had many international inquiries and we expect the international race slots to sell out quickly as well so please sign up quickly to avoid disappointment!
RACE REGISTRATION FORM
Here's what you'll need to enter on your race registration form:
You will also be asked if you'll be bringing a pacer. (Pacers are optional)
If you are, you will need to provide the same information as the racer (above).
If you don't have all your pacer's information, you can register for the race and sign up your pacer at a later date.
You can sign up for accommodations when you register or at a later date if you prefer.
Remember, staying at a designated accommodation is mandatory and is part of the race requirements. All international accommodation reservations can be booked through Avid.
Race entry fees can be made by credit card through PayPal.
Note: You don't need a PayPal account to make the credit card payment but it might be easier if you sign up for a PayPal account beforehand to make things easier!
* No race fee refunds are provided by the race once you've registered (for whatever reason).
* Race bibs are non-transferable and race category may not be changed.
Race Rules & Racer Responsibilities
1. I understand that this trail race takes place in the mountains and promise to abide by all the rules, regulations and instructions laid out by the race organization. I also understand that I am responsible for the management of my own health and safety and agree to stop racing and drop out of the race immediately if I feel unwell/sick.
Racer Qualifications & the Characteristics of this Race
2. I have sufficient trail running experience and I am aware that this race will be taking place in an outdoor environment where the weather and conditions can quickly change. I am also aware that I will be in an area where there are wild animals (such as bears) and will need to carry a bear bell. I also realize that a racer’s health/condition may rapidly deteriorate during such a race and understand that it may be difficult to obtain immediate emergency assistance when out in the mountains. I am currently in good health condition and do not expect any issues during the race. I have also undergone a medical examination within the past year and have no health issues. I will contact the race organization before the race, in writing, regarding any allergies, medical issues and/or religious issues that the race staff should be aware of in case I require emergency treatment during the race. As such, I will also provide any medical documentation and electrocardiograms if asked to do so by the race.
Race Disqualification & Emergency Treatment
3. I understand and accept that the race organization may ask me to stop and drop out of the race if I am not good enough condition to continue racing. I also agree to allow the race to provide me with emergency medical treatment/care in case I am injured or become sick due to an accident or illness during the race. In such a case, I will not dispute the treatment method or its outcome.
Liability Waiver in case of Injury or Death
4. I will not hold the race organization and any related parties liable for any reason whatsoever if I am injured during the race and/or during any events related to the race. I will also not hold the race organization, staff and volunteers liable for subsequent complications for whatever the reason including death. I understand and agree to the insurance coverage limits for race participants (see below) provided by the race. In addition, I promise that my family, estate/will, trust, heirs nor myself will not make a liability claim, take legal action and/or demand payment including the reimbursement of legal fees.
[Insurance Coverage for Race Participants]
The following is the insurance coverage limit for each race participant as per the race’s insurance policy:
- Death & disability : 20,000,000 Japanese Yen
- Hospitalization : 5,000 Japanese Yen (per day)
- Hospital Treatment : 2,000 Japanese Yen (per day)
- Rescue Expenses: 1,000,000 Japanese Yen
If you want to be insured for any amounts over and above these limits, you will need to enroll in your own insurance plan.
Unforeseen/Uncontrollable Conditions (An Act of God/Force Majeure)
5. I will not hold the race organization and any related parties liable or responsible for any changes to the race or the cancellation of the race due to unforeseen and uncontrollable factors. These factors include but are not limited to deteriorating weather, poor/unsafe race conditions and property damage/loss. I also promise not to seek compensation or refunds for costs incurred to participate in the race including race entry fees.
6. I understand and agree to allow the race organization to use photographs or video images that may include myself, my name, address, age and race experience in its promotional material as well as in other media publications. I also understand that this material is owned by the race organization and agree that it can be used for commercial purposes including printed material, movies/footage and the informational media.
Please Note: This race/event will take place within the regulations and laws governing Japan. While the content and rules/regulations/policies are available in both English and Japanese, the English language translation is provided as a courtesy to race participants. In the event of a conflict between the Japanese and English language versions of the site and rules/regulations/policies, the Japanese version shall govern.
Overseas / International registration site opens on June 10, 2018 at 21:00 JST